- This event has passed.
Christmount Orienteering Meet – Black Mountain, NC
September 26, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm$20 – $35
WNC Orienteering Club is proud to return to group meets on Saturday, September 26th, 2020 on the beautiful grounds of Christmount camp and conference center in Black Mountain, North Carolina.
To comply with NC Phase 2.5 COVID-19 social-distancing rules, attendance will be limited to 50 persons, forehead temperatures will be taken on arrival, and we ask that you wear face masks when you’re not on course. In the event registrations (far) exceed 50 people, we’ll work out a phased start so that we don’t exceed the 50-person limit on gatherings.
Beneficiary – a portion of all proceeds will be donated to the Camp Lakey Gap Autism Summer Camp Program. Various donation amounts per entry can be selected at checkout, and a minimum $5 donation is required. More information about the program can be found here.
- Beginner – 12 controls, 1.5km (in the main valley)
- Short – 17 controls, 3.3km (with some trails)
- Long – 21 controls, 4.2km (with bushwhacking and “some climbing”)
- Courses will be classic, point-to-point using flags and SPORTident for timing.
- There will be a short beginner’s course available.
- Expect beginner’s course to be completed in under 1 hour. Expect advanced courses to be completed in an average of 2-3 hours.
- Crash course in orienteering available – just ask!
- Adults are $15 (includes finger stick rental)
- Accompanied kids under 14 are free
- If kids under 14 are competing, $15 per entry (includes finger stick rental)
- Have your own finger stick (SI-Card)? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get $5 discount code
- Lost/damaged rental finger stick replacement fee – $40
- Finger stick rental require leaving collateral (car keys, generally) to ensure return of equipment
- DONATIONS – There are three ticket options. Each one includes a unique amount ($5, $10, $20), 100% of which will go to the Camp Lakey Gap Autism Summer Camp Program, held annually at Christmount. Thank you for your donations!
- 12pm – 2pm – Starts window. Arrive and start your courses any time.
- 4pm – All courses close. If not complete, please stop and return to Start/Finish
- 4pm – 6pm – Controls pickup (volunteers appreciated!)
Waiver of Liability (initials required at registration)
Waiver — In consideration of you accepting this entry, I, the participant, intending to be legally bound and hereby waive or release any and all right and claims for damages or injuries that I may have against the Meet Director, WNC Orienteering Club, Christmount Camp and Conference Center, Northline Navigation LLC, and all of their agents assisting with the activity, sponsors and their representatives and employees for any and all injuries to me or my personal property. This release includes all injuries and/or damages suffered by me before, during, or after the activity. I recognize, intend, and understand that this release is binding on my heirs, executors, administrators, or assignees. I also authorize the use of photographs or videos that include my image for promotional, informational, or other reasons deemed to be in the best interest of the activity. I certify as a material condition to my being permitted to enter this race that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained for the completion of this event and that my physical condition has been verified by a licensed Medical Doctor. By submitting this entry, I acknowledge (or a parent or adult guardian for all children under 18 years) having read and agreed to the above waiver. [YOU MUST INITIAL THE REGISTRATION FORM TO CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONDITIONS.]