- This event has passed.
Father’s Day Fiasc-O 2021
June 20 @ 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm$10
WNC Orienteering Club proudly presents the 2021 Father’s Day Fiasc-O!
This exciting, family-friendly event is a great way to explore our wonderful city and discover some neat-O things you never knew existed!
Here’s how it’ll work:
1. Mass start at 2:00 pm at the big fountain downtown. TWO HOUR TIME LIMIT.
2. Find checkpoints – lots of interesting locations around town, each worth 1 point. No orange flags, just “things.”
3. Scoring – take pictures with your phone (“phot-Os”) of the items described in the clue description sheet. For example “Thomas Wolfe’s shoes,” or “Old truck in front of Pack’s Tavern,” or “yellow trash can, Rankin Street parking garage, third level, SW end.”
4. Method – traveling on foot, accumulate as many points as you can in the allotted time. The course might not be “clearable,” so you’ll need to strategize.
5. Finish – 4:00 pm sharp at Asheville Brewing Company on Coxe Ave.
6. Late penalty – 1 point deducted per minute you’re late returning to the finish after the 4:00 pm cutoff. (we aren’t taking this too seriously)
7. Picture viewing, points tally, beer, merriment, etc.
8. TEAMS ENCOURAGED
9. Please arrive a little early before the start!
Start – 2:00 pm at the fountain downtown.
Finish – 4:00 pm at Asheville Brewing Company (it’s smart to park there in advance and walk the few blocks to the start)