- This event has passed.
Jim Hall-O-Ween IV (Camp Grier, Old Fort, NC)
October 31, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$25 – $45
WNC Orienteering Club is proud to present Jim Hall-O-Ween IV, the classic orienteering meet named in honor of our patron saint, Mr. Jim Hall.
Set on the beautiful and rugged slopes of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Camp Grier is western North Carolina’s premier summer camp facility and offers a variety of terrains and environments to navigate through. From the intricate arrangement of camping and farming structures in the valley, up the steep and challenging mountain to the unforgettable, million mile view from the fire tower, Camp Grier is an orienteering experience you don’t want to miss.
Beneficiary – a portion of all proceeds will be donated to a Send a Kid to Camp scholarship fund. Our unique ticketing options allow for set donation amounts above the base ticket cost (regular meet fees plus the camp’s day use fee, which is $10.) Various donation amounts per entry can be selected, 100% of which go towards helping a youngster experience the wonder of summer camp at one of the region’s top destinations.
- Course details TBA, but expect a “short” and “long” option. It’s the mountains, so expect to do some climbing.
- Courses will be classic, point-to-point using flags and SPORTident for timing.
- There will be a short beginner’s course available.
- Expect beginner’s course to be completed in under 1 hour. Expect advanced courses to be completed in an average of 2-4 hours.
- Crash course in orienteering available – just ask!
- Adults are $15 (includes finger stick rental)
- Camp Day-Use Fee $10 (included in base ticket price)
- Accompanied kids under 14 are free
- If kids under 14 are competing, $15 per entry (includes finger stick rental)
- Have your own finger stick (SI-Card)? Use discount code ‘havestick’ (without the quotes) at checkout to get $5 off, (have2sticks, have3sticks, have4sticks if your party is bringing that many)
- Lookout Brewing Running Club members use discount code LBRC at checkout for $5 off (LBRC2 is $10 off if you’re buying two LBRC member tickets)
- Lost/damaged rental finger stick replacement fee – $40
- Finger stick rental require leaving collateral (car keys, generally) to ensure return of equipment
- DONATIONS – There are FOUR ticket options. One is the base ticket, and the others include a unique donation amount ($5, $10, $20), 100% of which will go to the Send a Kid to Camp scholarship fund at Camp Grier. Thank you for your donations!
- 10am – 12pm – Starts window. Arrive and start your courses any time.
- 4pm – All courses close. If not complete, please stop and return to Start/Finish
Waiver of Liability (initials required at registration)
Waiver — In consideration of you accepting this entry, I, the participant, intending to be legally bound and hereby waive or release any and all right and claims for damages or injuries that I may have against the Meet Director, WNC Orienteering Club, Camp Grier, Northline Navigation LLC, and all of their agents assisting with the activity, sponsors and their representatives and employees for any and all injuries to me or my personal property. This release includes all injuries and/or damages suffered by me before, during, or after the activity. I recognize, intend, and understand that this release is binding on my heirs, executors, administrators, or assignees. I also authorize the use of photographs or videos that include my image for promotional, informational, or other reasons deemed to be in the best interest of the activity. I certify as a material condition to my being permitted to enter this race that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained for the completion of this event and that my physical condition has been verified by a licensed Medical Doctor. By submitting this entry, I acknowledge (or a parent or adult guardian for all children under 18 years) having read and agreed to the above waiver. [YOU MUST INITIAL THE REGISTRATION FORM TO CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONDITIONS.]