Jim Hall-O-Ween V
October 30 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm$20 – $30
WNC Orienteering Club is proud to present Jim Hall-O-Ween V, the classic orienteering meet named in honor of our patron saint, Mr. Jim Hall.
This event is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC and KIDS and BEGINNERS are welcome!
Beneficiary – as thank you to the property owners for letting us use this wonderful space for orienteering, we are donating a portion of every ticket to the Camp Lakey Gap Autism Summer Camp Program. Various donation amounts per entry can be selected at checkout, and a minimum $5 donation is required. More information about the program can be found here.
- Beginner – TBA (in the main valley)
- Short – TBA (with some trails)
- Long – TBA (with bushwhacking and “some climbing”)
- Courses will be classic, point-to-point using flags and SPORTident for timing.
- Expect beginner’s course to be completed in under 1 hour. Expect advanced courses to be completed in an average of 2-3 hours.
- Crash course in orienteering available – just ask!
- Adults are $15 (includes finger stick rental)
- Accompanied, non-competing kids are free
- DONATIONS – There are three ticket options. Each one includes a unique amount ($5, $10, $20) added to the base price, 100% of which will go to the Camp Lakey Gap Autism Summer Camp Program. Please select the ticket option of your choice and thank you for your donations!
- Have your own finger stick (SI-Card)? Please use the coupon code HAVESTICK at checkout to take $5 off your order. If you have multiple finger sticks on your multi-person order, please use HAVE2STICKS, HAVE3STICKS, or HAVE4STICKS accordingly to get the appropriate discount.
- Lost/damaged rental finger stick replacement fee – $40
- Finger stick rental require leaving collateral (car keys, generally) to ensure return of equipment
Waiver of Liability (initials required at registration)
Waiver — In consideration of you accepting this entry, I, the participant, intending to be legally bound and hereby waive or release any and all right and claims for damages or injuries that I may have against the Meet Director, WNC Orienteering Club, Christmount Camp and Conference Center, Northline Navigation LLC, and all of their agents assisting with the activity, sponsors and their representatives and employees for any and all injuries to me or my personal property. This release includes all injuries and/or damages suffered by me before, during, or after the activity. I recognize, intend, and understand that this release is binding on my heirs, executors, administrators, or assignees. I also authorize the use of photographs or videos that include my image for promotional, informational, or other reasons deemed to be in the best interest of the activity. I certify as a material condition to my being permitted to enter this race that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained for the completion of this event and that my physical condition has been verified by a licensed Medical Doctor. By submitting this entry, I acknowledge (or a parent or adult guardian for all children under 18 years) having read and agreed to the above waiver. [YOU MUST INITIAL THE REGISTRATION FORM TO CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONDITIONS.]